Where is EPDM sponge used?
EPDM sponge rubber sheeting is a commonly used gasket material that can be specified for a range of applications, including low pressure pipe seals and weather strips. It is also used in radiators, garden and appliance hose, tubing, pond liners, washers, solar panel heat collectors and speaker cone surrounds. It is also commonly used in vehicles, notably in door and window seals.
Benefits of EPDM sponge rubber
All of EPDM’s properties make this particular sponge sheeting the ideal material to use for exposed settings. Further benefits of EPDM sponge rubber sheeting include:
- Good UV resistance.
- Very durable and relatively cheap.
- Good mechanical properties.
- Closed cell structure making it impermeable to air and water and therefore an ideal material for sealing against the elements.
- Wide temperature range.
- Outstanding aging properties and will not go brittle over time.
- Available in a wide range – high temperature, hard, soft, supersoft.
- Wide variety with a range of thicknesses.
- Outstanding weather resistance.
- Suitable to be used in various applications.
- Strong durability and long lasti